Ten steps to Wholeheartededness
“Wholehearted living is about engaging in our lives from a place of worthiness. It means cultivating the courage, compassion, and connection to wake up in the morning and think, No matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough | BRENÉ BROWN
I feel confident in saying that every one of you reading this have at some point in your life, felt unworthy, not good enough, less than or like a big pile of crap... I certainly have! I still do... The truth is that your mind will never stop asking if what you're doing is right, worthwhile, cool or uncool or "fulfilling your life purpose." So here are 10 steps to shutting it up AND living with pure Wholeheartedness, without fear or doubt!
1. AWARENESS: Every time that assh*le in your head starts yammering on, take notice. Become the witness of your own negative thought patterns.
2. DON'T GET ATTACHED: Let your thoughts come and go (the goodies + the baddies). All that matters is this moment right now.
3. LIVE WITH INTEGRITY: When your thoughts, words, and actions are all one and the same.
4. FEEL: Happy, sad, excited, angry, frustrated, average, numb... Embrace whatever emotion your feeling. Celebrate the wins and get out the frustrations. You're a human, not a robot!
5. MOVE: Did you roll your eyes? Haha... Ok, this one hits a sore spot in a lot of people. Why? Because we know how important it is, but we just can't seem to find the time or energy to do so and that makes us feel guilty. Firstly, get over the guilt. Secondly, my favorite way to move (apart from yoga) is to dance! Turn up the volume on your fave song and cut loose - you'll feel amazing!
6. WANDERLUST: Yes Yes Yes!!!! Get on the net and surf until you've booked something, anything! A night on the Goldy, a weekend trip to Melbourne, a week in Bali, a month in Europe... Camp, backpack, flashpack or go all out - whatever floats your pina colada. Travelling reinstills that sacred & beautiful gratitude for home again AND it's super fun. Experience new things, make new friends and feel those life-changing moments of awe and bewilderment! Maybe consider one of my retreats ;)
7. CREATE YOUR SPACE: Whether it be a cupboard under the stairs (shameless Harry Potter reference), a bedroom in a house-share or a whole house... Make your space yours. Express your quirkiness or keep it minimal. Being house proud and loving your space spreads those feel-good vibes like crazy.
8. NOURISH YOUR BOD: OK. Yep here's another cliché "how to live better" must-do... The 3 ice-creams may have tasted great the night before, but dayuumm was the groggy feeling the next day worth it? Notice I used ice-cream instead of alcohol as an example? Haha. This is because I love having a few drinks, but I now only drink spirits like gin and tequila without the nasty mixers (because champagne makes me feel VERY average the next day). It's not about depriving yourself... It's about making choices that = a happier, healthier & more energetic you!
9. JOURNAL: Every dayummm day... You can free write for 5 minutes or write down 3 things you're grateful for or whatever! Just put pen to paper or fingers to keys and go nuts. Get it all out and feel liberated.
10. MEDITATE: Close your eyes, relax the muscles in your face and take 10 slow deep breaths. Feel the rise and fall of your chest as you inhale & exhale. Allow your body to relax with each passing breath and repeat the mantra "peace" over and over again in your mind... TADA!!! You meditated. It really is that easy! There are thousands of ways you can meditate, just find a way that feels good for you and commit to doing it once a day. The benefits outweigh the energy required to do so - trust me.